Are you planning to start gyming but confused about how to increase protein intake? Do you believe that only non-vegetarian food offer good protein content? It is time to discard your old day’s belief. Apart from animal products, a vegetarian meal is also rich in dietary protein content. A common thought about vegetarian diets is that they might not provide all the essential nutrients to our body.
However, many reports and case studies have shown that a precisely curated vegan diet can provide you with precisely a sufficient amount of nutrients you need for the overall growth of the body. And if you have been one of such people who doubted the capacity of a vegan diet, then we are here to introduce you with the best vegan protein sources.
5 BEST SOURCES OF PROTEIN FOR VEGETARIANS
Though there might be a difference in the number of nutrients that one plant product provides as compared to other of the same category if you mix and match a group of plant products to plan a meal you will never lack a single essential nutrient. Here is a precisely curated list of vegan protein sources that you could use planning your meals.
- TOFU: This is made entirely of curd which is considered as a high source of proteins. It is made by a process almost similar to cheese making. Though it doesn’t have a taste of its own, it absorbs well all the spices you mix it up with. You can use it in salads, soups, wraps, and a lot more dishes.
- LENTILS: These are rich sources of proteins, fibers, and slowly digested carbohydrates as well. With so many nutrients coming down from one product, you should surely include it in your soups, salads, and flavor full dals. Lentils are known to prevent many chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer, and reduce the risk factor for heart diseases.
- OATS: Being the easiest and the most delicious way of adding proteins to your gym diet, oats provide you with 6 grams of protein in just half a cup. Apart from proteins, they also contain folate, zinc, and phosphorus in the proper amount. You can use them as oatmeals, in baking cookies, thick shakes, and many more recipes as you like.
- SOY MILK: It’s an excellent alternative to cow’s milk with equal nourishment. Made exclusively from soybeans and fortified with vitamins and minerals, you can easily extract 7 grams of protein from a single cup. It can be used as a substitute to cow’s milk like in shakes, baking, and cooking.
- GREEN PEAS: Though they are never a significant ingredient of any dish when it comes to planning a complete meal, they surely grab the right place. It provides 9 grams of protein in a cup of 240 ml. They are also a rich source of iron, magnesium, Vitamin B, and phosphorus. You can use them in soups, wraps, and your favorite veggie recipe.
No doubt proteins play a huge role in muscle building, but you are not compelled to take chicken for that purpose when you have such fantastic vegan protein sources. And even if it’s not for a specific purpose, you surely need to craft your meals precisely not to miss any nutrient.